We are off to a great start! This morning we took our spelling review pretest. The words that your child missed are on the back of their homework sheet. These are the words they are to study this week. I am was very pleased with how the students did last Friday on their assessments. I saw a huge improvement. Thank you for reinforcing the concepts and skills at home. Last week in Language Arts, we worked on reading nonfiction stories. I was so impressed by their enthusiasm and success. One of the independent reading activities they worked on was completing a KWL chart on a nonfiction book. I was so happy with the work they did. I have them hanging up in the room. This week the kids are very excited because they are completing their first mini book report/review. I can't wait to see the finished products.
Last week Mrs. Lippincott came and spoke with kids on friendship and getting along. This is a challenge for all of us! We talked about the many facets of being a good friend as well as what to do when things don't go our way or we get in a disagreement with someone. We have been working hard on these skills, but it is always important to review!
Here is what is going on this week:
Language Arts: Review, pronouns, nonfiction stories (author's purpose and asking questions)
Math: Mixed Addition and Subtraction Stories, Subtraction Strategies, Multiples of Equal Groups, Exploring Arrays, Coins, and Division,
Science: Rock Cycle and continued research on Matter
Social Studies: Australia
Writing: Editing and Revision
Cursive Handwriting
**Please also note that we do not have school this coming Monday, January 17th.
No comments:
Post a Comment