Saturday, January 22, 2011

Week of January 24th

Please see the above page concerning the February 10th Conference Schedule. I had to change the times from last time to provide a little bit more time between conferences. I also sent a sheet home today with the times.

We are having a lot of fun working on our Australian projects! The children are so excited and very creative! I can't wait for them to share their ideas and hard work! I am hoping to be finished by the end of next week.

Here is what is going on this week:

Language/Arts:
  • Phonics: Short vowel /e/ea
  • Syllable pattern V/CV
  • Reading with intonation
  • Reading for comprehension/setting/following directions/reading ahead
  • Grammar: adjectives for senses
  • Mentor Text: Imogene's Antlers
Math: Multiplication Array Number Stories, Multiplication with Arrays, Division Stories, Unit 6 Assessment

Writing: We are continuing our revision unit. Some kids have started to publish their stories.

Science: Our science experiment last week was called Bubbles and Fizz: Observing a Chemical Reaction. The kids had a blast! I wish you could have seen their faces with the baking soda and vinegar mixed! This experiment reinforced what we have been studying about changes - that changes occur when solids and liquids are mixed and separated. This week's experiment: Gas in a Bag!

Upcoming Events:
  • Tomorrow is Identakid
  • Friday is SPIRIT DAY
  • Grandparent's Day is February 4th
Please remember to make sure your child brings back their library books for library check out on WEDNESDAY!

I look forward to meeting with you all in a couple of weeks at Conference Day. Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment