I love that we got to kick of this final week of school before the Holidays with a presentation at Town Hall! The kids were so excited to share with teachers and peers some of the hard work we have been doing here! I am so proud of them for getting up and speaking clearly into the microphone. Love them!
The student's have been working hard with their partners. Tomorrow they will get the chance to teach the class about the Winter Holidays that they researched! I cannot wait. I will be taking pictures, don't worry!
This week for spelling we have review words. There will be no vocabulary and/or ABC or spelling sentences. We will be reviewing things and working on some projects. Please make sure to not only sign your child's homework sheet when they read but also record the minutes. As you can see I am checking weekly and keeping track. Reading at least 80 minutes a week is an expectation and is part of your child's homework grade!
As I am sure you have heard about from our wonderful room moms, we will be having our International Festival this Thursday afternoon. This will be in place of a "holiday" party. The students can come dressed in traditional garb from a particular country or they can wear their 2nd grade performance outfits. Please keep in mind that if they are wearing traditional garb that they may want to change into it after PE.
I trust your family will have a wonderful Holiday season. I know we are very excited to start family Christmas traditions with Finley. I know it will be more exciting for us this year, but regardless, everything is better through the eyes of a child. Thank you for letting me enjoy life every day with your beautiful children. Hugs!
No comments:
Post a Comment