Sunday, May 20, 2012

Week of May 21st

I cannot believe that this is the last Monday of the school year. Aren't you going to miss my weekly posts? :) This time of year is always bittersweet. As much as I am looking forward to the summer, I am going to miss the faces of your precious children every morning. I will miss their endless questions, immeasurable amounts of energy, and unconditional love that I received every day. I am so very proud of all their hard work and look forward to hearing about all that they do in the future.

Thank you for all of your support this year. I could not have done it without your love and support. Thank you especially to those who faithfully helped with library checkout, came in as a parent reader, chaperoned a field trip, or just supported us from home. It was all greatly appreciated.

Today we spent the morning decorating our pillowcases to take home as a souvenir from this year. It was so sweet to hear their conversations. Not to mention kids' handprints are just so stinking cute! The kids are doing a mini research project on penguins since we are studying Antarctica. We will not have a formal share of these, but the kids will be bringing them home when they are done.

The kids will have homework through Wednesday, and then I will only expect them to read every night! I also expect them to read daily over the summer. This is SO VERY IMPORTANT. Research shows that kids will lose quite a bit of what they learned as far as reading if they do not continue to read throughout the summer!

I hope to see all of you before the year is out. Please remember we do not have school on Monday and next Wednesday (the last day of school) is a half day. We will be having a little celebration on the last day of school around 11:15. Feel free to join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment