Here we are. The last 3 1/2 days until Winter Break. I am sure you are excited, because the students sure are! We are keeping ourselves busy and having a lot of fun at the same time. I love hearing about the kids upcoming activities and family traditions.
This week we will not have spelling or vocabulary words. We will be reviewing things and working on some projects. Please make sure to not only sign your child's homework sheet when they read but also record the minutes. As you can see I am checking weekly and keeping track. Reading at least 80 minutes a week is an expectation and is part of your child's homework grade! This week instead of spelling homework, please have your child fill out the back of the homework sheet each night.
As I am sure you have heard about from the wonderful parents in charge, we will be having our International Festival this Wednesday afternoon. This will be in place of a "holiday" party. The students can come dressed in their flag shirts from the 2nd grade program. There will be food at the festival so if your child is not a picky eater and you would like to send a "lighter" lunch, you may. We will have snack as usual, so please make sure to pack one. We are really looking forward to this!
I trust your family will have a wonderful Holiday season. I know we are very excited to enjoy family Christmas traditions with Finley since she is starting to understand this year! This is a wonderful age! Everything is better through the eyes of a child. Thank you for letting me enjoy life every day with your beautiful children. Hugs!
No comments:
Post a Comment