Sunday, August 22, 2010

Week of August 23rd

What an amazing start to school! I am so grateful that each and every one of your children were placed in my class. I look forward to getting to know them as well as your families. I look forward to all of the memories we are going to make. This week we will begin settling into our schedule and learning the rules and procedures. I will cover many of the questions you probably have tomorrow at Back to School Night. I look forward to chatting with you about our exciting year. Until then, here are some reminders/things to know:

  • You can place your Scholastic book orders online if you would like. I will be sending the order forms home tomorrow. The deadline is September 17th.
  • Back to School Night Tuesday, August 24th
  • I will be assigning homework this week. Your children will bring homework home in their homework binder. We will discuss how this works on Tuesday.
  • All About Me Mobile Project due Friday.
  • Please continue to send in a healthy snack for your child each day!
  • Spirit Day on Friday the 27th
  • Please read and sign the Parent/Student Handbook and return to me by September 1st.
  • Picture Day is on September 14th
This week at a glance:
Math
  • Math Message and Number Sequences
  • Tools and Coins
  • Calendars and Clocks
  • Partner Study Routines
Language Arts
  • Reading assessments
  • Routines and Procedures
  • Discussing "Just Right Books"
Writing Workshop
  • We are launching Writer's Workshop - getting used to routines and how to work independently
Science
  • We will review the scientific method and discuss how to conduct and experiment.
Social Studies
  • Introduction to maps and globes.
** You can win a gift card to Sage or two front row seats to one of your child's grade level performances...Tickets will be handed out in the auditorium on Back-to-School-Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment