Monday, January 30, 2012

Week of January 30th

Have I mentioned lately how proud I am of my students? Well, I am. We have been busy (as usual). Last week was very eventful for us. We finished our Australia Projects. The kids are so very excited about them. They loved being able to share them with their grandparents and special friends. They would now love to share them with you this Friday morning at 8:15. Please stop by if you can. They will not be presenting to the whole group, just individually with their group members (set up will be like a museum where you can rotate around). I loved being a part of watching them grow as learners and teammates throughout this project. We began with a big idea and ended with some fabulous projects!

Grandparents and Special Friends Day
Grandparents Day was so special! I love getting to meet the important people involved your children's lives. I love hearing stories and positive comments about what the kids are learning. I saw pride, excitement, and love. Even those students who didn't have grandparents or special friends, had a blast going around with "adopted" grandparents for the day! I will post pictures to the Shutterfly site. The students will be writing thank you notes this week. If you have not already sent me the address of those who visited last Friday, please do so!

Valentines
I will send home a class list next week to use when making Valentines. We will not be having a party. We will be doing some activities as a class and then celebrating Dexter's birthday. Please make sure you to refer to Anne Healy's email she sent and make sure to get these to me soon!

DON'T FORGET: Conference Day is Thursday the 9th. Please see the above page to double check your conference time. I am looking forward to it!

Math: We are studying 3-dimensional shapes and will have our assessment next week.
Language Arts: This is a review week for spelling and skills. I look forward to chatting with you next week about all of the hard work they have been doing.
Writing: The students are working with their writing/revision partners this week and publishing their final piece.

Here are some upcoming dates/events:

The Fourth Grade Program will take place on Friday, February 3 at 8:30. The Fourth Grade Dress Rehearsal will be on Thursday, February 2 at 8:30.

The Gala is on Friday, February 3. It starts at 6:30PM.

"Aesop's Fables" will be performing in the Recreation Gym on Tuesday, Feb. 7th at 1 pm for grades EC - 2.

Parent and teacher conferences are on Thursday, February, 9. Progress reports will be published online for parents to access on Wednesday, February 29.

The Relay for Life Cookout will be on Wednesday, February 15.

Professional Development day is on Friday, February 17. No school. (Presidents Day on Monday, February 20. No school as well.)

Science Week will take place February 27 - March 8.

Class Picture Day will take place on the morning of Wednesday, February 29 in the Crisp Gym.

The Third Grade Program will take place on Friday, March 2 at 8:30 and the rehearsal will be on Thursday, March 1 at 8:30. Please join us for a great show!

The Lower Division Oldie Goldie Book Fair will take place on Friday, February 24.

Field Day will take place on Friday, March 9.

Ident-a-kid will be here on Wednesday, March 21 in the Student Center.

Please encourage your children to wear a hat while playing outside.

We will beginning our Plant Unit in science next week as well as our tour of Asia. If you are from Asia or have been to Asia and would like to share anything with the class, please let me know! Parents are teachers too!

Have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment