Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Week of April 23

Last week was a wonderful week! The students had a fantastic time participating in all of the activities surrounding Celebrate the Arts. I am sure you heard all about the wonderful experiences they had. I have to admit the Hula Monster and Painting were my favorites! I was so proud of their fabulous performance on Friday to "What's Shakin Shakespeare?" Thank you for coming out to support them and for enjoying the afternoon with us. Here is the beautiful art piece we completed as a class.



Last week we also had another treat! One of the students from our "pen pals" in France, came to visit with her family. The students had a chance to meet her, ask her questions, and learn a bit about her! What a special experience this was.




Important Upcoming Dates and Information

  • Field Trip to MOSI is on May 8th - SAGE lunch form due FRIDAY, APRIL 26th. If your child does not order a lunch, they will need to bring a bag lunch that day (lunches in large Ziploc bags work best!). More information about the field trip will come home later. If you are interested in going, please let me know. I have two chaperone openings. First come, first serve!
  • Electronic Portfolio Share is on MONDAY, APRIL 29th after Town Hall (8:15ish) in the Computer Lab
  • All library books are due MAY 7th
  • Splash Day MAY 17th (more information will be given later)
**As I have been mentioning all year, please, please, please work with your children on their addition and subtraction facts. They should not be relying on their fingers or counting in their head at this point in the year. There are many ways to practice these. We will be practicing them a lot here and I will quiz them on Friday for not just accuracy but speed as well. These facts are the foundation of their math skills. Thank you!

Patti Mirza spent last week with us! The students had a great time getting to know her and she is ready to take over for me next Wednesday. Wednesday, May 1st is my last day. Thank you for your support. I will email a picture when Miss Hollis makes her arrival in just a few weeks! If you have major concerns or questions, please email Dr. Bianco and cc me. I will not be checking my email daily. If you have questions for Mrs. Mirza please send in written letters to her. This will be my last blog post. Have a wonderful week!




No comments:

Post a Comment